As much as we love travelling, we also dread those long haul flight trips. Being imprisoned in a long metal tube for a daunting amount of time may cause utter and complete boredom as well as stiff legs and sore backs! So we decided to look into some long-haul flight tips to help ease the boredom and back pain.
What to Pack for a Long-Haul Flight
Make your long-haul flight more pleasant by being prepared. Make sure you pack these essentials to help you survive a long-haul flight.
- Warm feet, warm body! It’s not just an old folk’s tale, feet do have a big impact on body temperature. Smartwool socks will keep your feet warm or you can use compression socks as they will also help prevent flight cankles.
- Most planes up the AC, which is why you should always take along an extra layer for warmth like a light jacket or scarf.
- Although sleeping on planes seem hard, it’s not impossible. Make sure you pack an eye mask, ear plugs and neck pillow.
- Stay hydrated and bring your own protein-rich snacks that will keep you feeling full for longer. Trail mix, protein bars or nuts work well.
Things To Do On a Long-Haul Fight
Make your flight fun, productive and quick with these long-haul flight tips.
- Choose from the selection of in-flight entertainment such as movies and video games.
- Bring enough books, magazines, games and movies to keep yourself busy.
- Catch up on some work by bringing your ipad or laptop. Or sync Spotify playlists to your phone for offline listening.
- Always bring a pen and paper. You’ll need it for customs forms, if inspiration strikes while you’re in the air or use it for jotting down notes or making sketches.
Long-Haul Flight Packing List
To make things even easier, we made a packing list of all your long-haul flight essentials. Pack your toiletries in a carry-on bag so that you can have it within reach. Grab what you need and make a quick visit to the bathroom to refresh yourself in the last hour before landing.
- Slip-on shoes
- Wool socks
- Light jacket/Scarf
- Eye mask
- Ear plugs
- Water bottle
- Face wipes or face wash
- Lip balm
- Facial Moisturiser
- Hand sanitiser
- Hand lotion
- Phone Charger
- Pen + paper
Happy flying and remember to book your Hotel stay with us.